EP. 4 – Megan Sanicki on Drupal Association Grants, Code of Conduct, & Her Role
Here’s The Geek Voice, bringing you all the geeky and open source stuff from around the world on a bi-monthly basis. Hussain and I talk a lot about Open Source, Drupal, and invite interesting personalities on to share their stuff.
In Episode. 4 we talk about Megan’s focus in her new role as the Executive Director of Drupal Association, how to avail Drupal Association grants, what can the Indian community do to avail these grants. We also cover how important the code of conduct is to the Drupal community, how the code of conduct is enforced, and how can you get help from the community working group.
Interview questions & show notes:
- Megan was supposed to be our first guest on the podcast over a year ago, but I delayed the release, and we couldn’t match our schedules!
- What were the other major roadblocks besides the ones mentioned in the retro that Drupal Association faced when planning DC Asia?
- What are the various Drupal Association grants that the community can avail?
- What can the Indian community do to avail these grants?
- Indian Drupal community needs a push. [Documentation for a national non-profit Drupal body]
- How to apply for a Drupal Association Grant and increase your chances of approval?
- Why don’t we have speaker names in Drupal Association’s DrupalCon videos? [Drupal Association YouTube channel]
- Does it make sense for the Drupal Association to invest in grants that support developer-centric events?
- Code of conduct in the Drupal Community.
The Geek Voice Contacts:
Please leave a comment with your thoughts / suggestions / complaints / rants / tips to improve / wishlist of topics / guests you want to hear from / anything for that matter. We’d like to hear it all! :). Consider following us on @thegeekvoice, @axelerant, and our RSS feed. If you sign up to our newsletter, you’ll also get this excellent monthly podcast delivered straight to your inbox.