Axelerant’s Inside Axelerant series gives you a glimpse of principals, policies, and guidelines within our Open Company.
Drive and expect change while going with the flow.
When Bad Things Happen
When obnoxious change happens or something major goes wrong, we’re committed to the following to ensure we all survive the turmoil and can move forward quickly.
- Clear communication – Sharing honest assessments and expected outcomes
- Clear expectations – Explain how you’re affected
- Illuminate the path – Determine direction and decide upon next steps
- Thank you – Without your support and efforts, we’d not be able to survive
Clarify Tasks Before Doing the Questionable Thing
When you accept a task, make sure to remove your doubts then and there. It is important to know the why’s, how’s and when about the task. Use the following helpers to figure things out.
- What is the task about?
- What additional information, resources, or tools may be needed to complete the task?
- What’s the expected outcome of the task?
- Is there any call to action?
- How does this task fit into my other priorities?
By asking these questions before committing to the task will help you to get a clearer picture of what’s actually to be done and why.
If you are uncertain about things while handling the task, ask for clarifications from the lead or manager who has given you the task. Please don’t delay the work by bugging others who may not know about it.
If several people complain or are overly distracted by your dress or lack thereof, then it might be a good idea to change your outfit or work in a private room. If nothing else, at least, turn off the video camera during conference calls.
Don’t go blabbing about what you shouldn’t be. If you’re not sure, ask your peers and use sound judgment.
As decisions affecting teams or higher are made, document them.
- Share company decisions with #general
- Update our Inside Axelerant series or policy document
- Document product, project, and service decisions into Curamine
If you don’t need that electrical device running; put it to sleep or turn it off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Axelerant is an equal opportunity employer. Axelerant will not discriminate and takes active measures to prevent discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any team member or job candidate by race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
We don’t encourage freelancing at Axelerant. We would rather have you discuss additional income generation options with us and exhaust them before contracting elsewhere.
If you do freelance, be transparent about it to avoid problems.
All gambling on Axelerant premises tips the house 100%.
Getting into Shape (Physical Fitness)
Share your experiences while sweating and eating your way to a new you on #guild-fitness. As we’re big fans of bodyweight exercise, many of us use Johnson & Johnson’s 7 Minute Workout application on our mobile device.
Axelerant is committed in all areas to providing a work environment that is free from harassment. Harassment based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally-protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All team members and managers are expected and required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected in employment with the employer as a result of bringing complaints of unlawful harassment.
Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute harassment when…
- submission to or rejection of such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment
- submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for decisions about employment, promotion, transfer, selection for training, performance evaluations, benefits, or other terms and conditions of employment
- such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment or substantially interferes with a team member’s work performance
If a team member feels that they have been harassed by their sex, race, national origin, ethnic background, or any other legally protected characteristic they should immediately report the matter to email@example.com. Once the case has been reported, it will be promptly investigated, and any necessary corrective action will be taken where appropriate. All complaints of unlawful harassment will be handled in as discreet and confidential a manner as is possible under the circumstances.
Any team member or manager engaging in improper harassing behavior will be subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination of employment.
Axelerant proudly offers mom’s maid service.
Got a mess? Do what mom says, clean it up yourself. Don’t leave it for others.
If something is broken or otherwise needed, notify #hr.
Some jobs just pay the bills, but we’re making a difference by doing meaningful work to make happiness possible. What we do is the kind of work that makes positive differences in the environment and society.
If you have ideas or thoughts to making what we do more meaningful, please share on #hr.
Principals, Policies, and Guidelines
If a principal, policy, or guideline isn’t documented, then use good judgment for your decisions:
- Team needs over Self
- Company needs over Team
- Company needs over Customer
Smoking and vaping is discouraged at Axelerant. If you want to smoke, do so away from non-smokers and their pathways.
We’re all responsible for our future. Therefore, please help ensure future growth and successes by sharing suggestions for cost or energy savings, performance tips, practical work improvements, process changes, or other awesome ideas on #hr.
Please update our human resources system as soon as possible of any changes in your personal and emergency contact information.
Thank you for being an important part of Axelerant. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation, and input should be directed to #hr.
- Open Principals, Guidelines, and Discussions
- The Good, The Bad, and The Legal Bits
- Your Career, Your Success
- How to Get Along with Each Other
- Take a Break AKA Leave Policy
- Productivity & Work Hours
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Expense Reimbursement
- Get SMART, Set Better Expectations
- Why Update Curamine? Make Your Team Look Good!
- Axelerant Social Media Usage Policy
- Guidelines for Writing Accomplishment Statements
- Trial Hire: Starting Your Axelerant Career