EP. 3 – Drupal 7.50, DrupalCon Dublin, & Waterwheel
This is The Geek Voice, bringing you all the geeky and open source stuff from around the world on a bi-monthly basis. Hussain and I will be talking a lot about Open Source, Drupal, and inviting on some interesting personalities to share their unique points of view. In Ep. 3 we talk about Drupal 8 going Agile, Drupal 7.50 release, new maintainers for Drupal 7, Drupal Dev Days Milan, Drupal Console stable release, DrupalCon Dublin, and more.
News – Drupal
- Drupal 8 just breached 100K sites and has now overtaken Drupal 6 in the number of installs
- Drupal 8 adopted Agile methodology. It’s now always open for development.
- Drupal 7.50 and Drupal 8.1.5 released. Drupal 7.50 skipped versions to highlight major features (https://www.drupal.org/blog/drupal-7-50). Plan in discussion to do something similar to D8 cycle
- Changes: Deleted modules are now reported and how to fix it. https://www.drupal.org/node/2487215
- Fabian Franz and Stefan Ruijsenaars are the new maintainers for Drupal 7
- Drupal Dev Days Milan was a huge hit with more than 300 attendees… (June 21st through June 26th)
- Retrospective blog by Bert Berland: Drupal Dev Days Milan Retrospective
- Drupal Console team is looking for your help in releasing a stable Drupal Console V1.0
- DrupalCon Dublin sessions close at 621 sessions – largest for European con
The Geek Voice Contacts:
Please leave a comment with your thoughts / suggestions / complaints / rants / tips to improve / wishlist of topics / guests you want to hear from / anything for that matter. We’d like to hear it all! :). Consider following us on @thegeekvoice, @axelerant, and our RSS feed. If you sign up to our newsletter you’ll also get this awesome monthly podcast delivered straight to your inbox.