From 2/3/2002, the Seattle University days.
Project management is the planning, scheduling, and controlling of project activities to meet performance, cost and time goals, for a given scope of work, while using resources efficiently and effectively.
Basic Steps in Managing a Project
- Develop a general concept
- Develop a problem definition
- List strategies for conducting project
- Address each strategy
- Develop a detailed plan of action
- Get plan signed off by stakeholders
- Execute project/Monitor real vs. plan
- Post-mortem (lessons learned)
- Project close-out
Questions Driving Planning
- What work is required?
- Who will carry out the work, when, where?
- How should it be done, what level of quality?
- How much will it cost?
- What are the project information flow requirements?